If you are like many of my clients, you may have never had a professional headshot, so it's understandable that you might have questions about the process. Having your photo taken can be an intimidating experience. I will do everything I can to help make getting photos done go smoothly, with as little stress as possible. Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions that I get asked about booking a headshot session.
1. Which package should I book?
The answer depends on how many photos you need, and how much variety you would like in those images. With the 15 minute package, you will receive two retouched images. If you would like to try a different tie or jacket, that will give you a little variation in your photos. With longer packages, we can change backgrounds and outfits more, and you will receive a larger number of retouched images.
2. What should I wear and how many outfits can I bring? On the front page of my site, I have a full style guide to help my clients with what to wear. The number of outfits depends on the package you have booked. Longer sessions allow for more clothing changes. It's always better to bring a couple of extra choices, and we can discuss the options when you get to the studio.
3. Do I need to add on hair and makeup styling for the shoot? Yes, I encourage you to allow me to arrange a stylist to help you look your best. Having a stylist's help also makes it easier for you to relax and enjoy your session experience. If professional styling is not within your budget, we keep matte powder and hair spray in the studio. To learn more about hair and makeup tips check out my blog post, Tips from a Professional Hair and Makeup Artist.
4. Will you direct me during the shoot?
Absolutely! I know it can sometimes feel intimidating or nerve-wracking to be in front of the camera. I've been specializing in headshot photography for 5 years and know how to direct you so that you look comfortable and confident in your photos.
5. When do I get to see the images?
Immediately. For studio sessions, I usually shoot tethered to a laptop so that we can review your images right after we take them. We can pick your favorites for retouching in the studio, or I can send you an online proof gallery the same day.
6. How long will it take to get my finished photos?
After you have picked your favorite shots, it usually takes about 1-2 business days to get your retouched photos in a gallery for you to download in full and web resolution.
7. Where can I buy prints of my headshots? For local Atlanta printing, I recommend PPRPix in West Midtown. 8. How much will you Photoshop my images?
My goal with retouching is to help you look your best while keeping the images natural looking. Basic retouching includes blemish removal, stray hair removal, teeth whitening, and softening under your eyes. Other retouching, like clothing fixes or makeup repairs may incur additional costs.
9. Can I download all of my proof photos?
I do not release un-retouched photos. I want to deliver my best, finished work to my clients.
10. How do I schedule a session?
Head over to my contact page and complete the form. I'll get back to you within a day and we'll discuss the direction and style of your shoot. We'll schedule a time I can help with any questions or concerns you may have. I can't wait to work with you!